Competition Terms & Conditions
We run prize competitions where participants can choose to enter based on their own skill or knowledge. There is a fee to enter each of our competitions. Those who answer the skill/knowledge based question correctly will be entered into a free prize draw with a chance of winning the stated prizes in the competition.
We are legally obliged to run our competitions in this manner.
1. This competition/prize draw is organised by Plumb Chat, The Incuba, Brewers Hill Road, Dunstable, Beds, LU61AA. By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Entry.
2. This competition is open to all UK residents aged 16 or over.
Each competition is limited to a maximum number of no more than 10% of total entries per participant eg. A competition with a possible 1,000 entries will be limited to 100 entries per participant.
3. Purchase is necessary for entry. To enter, answer the question and complete the checkout process
4. The winners will be selected at random from all qualifying entries. The draw will take place on the closing date specified OR within 28 days of the closing date.
5. Prizewinners will be notified by post or telephone shortly after the closing date. Failure to claim a prize within 14 days may result in disqualification and selection of a new winner. Only one prize per entrant will be awarded.
6. The organiser reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash or credit alternatives will be offered.
7. The organiser’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
8. The organiser will process the personal data of all entrants in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and will not disclose the personal data to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent. Winners accept that the organiser may disclose their names to the public.
9. The organiser and this competition are governed by English Law.
10.The winners may be asked to take part in publicity and the organiser reserves the right to use the names and location of winners and their photographs in any publicity.
11. All Prizes will be sent to the winners address, UK MAINLAND ONLY
12. Some competitions will have additional prizes which are generally in the form of a physical item or a cash payment. All payments are made via cheque which will be posted to the winner of the prize. Other prizes will also be posted or emailed
13. The details of the total amount of correct entries will be downloaded from our online store to a spreadsheet which will show each invoice number, town of purchase and number of tickets purchases per participant.We then use Google's own 'Random Number Generator' to pick a number at random. You can try the random number generator yourself here: https://www.google.com/search?ei=4KOvXLbfGIWZ1fAPt9K-oA0&q=random+number+generator&oq=random+number+generator&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i131i67j0j0i67j0l5.1053321.1053321..1053535...0.0..0.60.60.1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71.YEIiaqX7R2I Each draw will be live streamed on social media on one of the following platforms: YouTube, Facebook or Instagram.
14. In a competition that has more than one prize ie First, Second and Third, the draw will be done in reverse so that the third prize will be drawn first, then second will follow and finally First place.
15. A donation of 5% of Competition entry sales will go to Our chosen charity - Help for Heroes, More info can be found here: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/wayne-bettess1
16. Under no circumstances will anyones entry be refunded. unless we cancel the competition.
We charge a fee to enter a competition, once you have played the only way of correcting your entry is by playing again.
17. In the event that the maximum number of tickets are not sold or the draw cannot take place on or before the given draw date (3 months from open of competition) All entrants will be refunded.
All prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and not redeemable for cash or any other prize. Plumb Chat reserves the right to substitute the prizes with alternative prizes of similar value in the event that the original prizes offered are not available.